Thursday, June 2, 2016

Actual Play: Savage Fallout Session 3

"Into the Wasteland" by Dem0ralizeD
Well folks, here we are with the third session, our players are fully immersed in the wonderful world of Fallout, and their quest to save Vault 13 just got a lot harder.

It seems like my players are picking up the Savage Worlds ruleset a lot faster than I expected, and they are simply trouncing everything I'm throwing at them, which is nice for the flow of the game, but I'm really thinking I'm going to need to come up with something to challenge them and add some tension, or they're going to eat each other alive.

Regardless, we're about to get into the meat of the story of Fallout 1, so I'm super excited for the next few weeks, and I hope you all are, too!

Enjoy!

Savage Fallout Episode 3: Shady Business
Vault Dwellers: Aidan, Scott, Clint, Russell
Overseer: David Schimpff



You can download the episode here (right click, Save As).

2 comments:

  1. That was a lot of fun! Makes me want to dig out Fallout 1 from my Steam library and try again (died twice on the way to Vault 15, never tried again).

    In regards to Savage Hanks' portrayal of "Overconfident": rather than have him act more like the sheet says, consider swapping out his hindrances to match how he's playing the character. It can be awesome to find out the guy who though he was cool and overconfident when in familiar surroundings is actually very Cautious.

    Also the end of the Khan fight made me think back to my D&D 4e days when fights would be mostly over but bad guys still had hit points so we had to keep fighting. There's a disconnect when the players start saying stuff like "Really? This one guy who's just seen all his friends blasted and is all alone against the four of us is just gonna keep fighting?" Don't know what the solution is, but just wanted to share my flashback.

    Keep 'em coming, it's a blast to listen! Thanks to the players too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I'll bring that up to Hank's player when we meet again. I'll need to listen through all the episodes again to be sure he hasn't started catching up with the Overconfident hindrance.

      As for combat, I've never found a decent mechanical way of simulating morale, and my players would probably just spend the better part of a half hour determining how to torture their 'surrendered' enemy. Letting them annihilate their opponents seems like it saves time in the long run, unless I pre-plan for them to require information from an enemy.

      Delete